Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-09-2003, 12:57 PM

Default Yenko Chevelle in newest Musclecar Enthusiast

The recent issue of MCE has a spread on James Berry's Yenko Chevelle. Is this the same car that board member Mark Hassett was ran around on and lost his deposit money on? The article is interesting to say the least. According to the story, "He says he'll never sell it". Must be true, since the deposit was never returned or all the money spent to see the car. Hassett is to nice of a guy for this... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2003, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Yenko Chevelle in newest Musclecar Enthusiast

Hello, this is James Berry. Yes, this is my Yenko Chevelle in Musclecar Enthusiast Magazine. Yes, Mark Hassett did look at my car to purchase at one time. No, I did not sell it to him. NO, he did not lose any deposit money on the car. I am tired of hearing the gossip on this issue. This sight, in my opinion, is supposed to be for the preservation of the cars, not to bash the owners of the cars. It is important that you have your facts straight before you post information. By spreading unjust rumors, you destroy the integrity of this club. I will NOT have any further discussions on this issue.
Thanks, James
Old 09-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

"I will NOT have any further discussions on this issue.
Thanks, James "

Do you have a choice? I don't think you can prevent 'further discussions' about anything!

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 09-10-2003, 03:56 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 1,002 Times in 382 Posts

James,

Since we are all "Club" members here would you mind posting a canceled check or wire transfer receipt showing that the deposit funds were returned.

This in my opinion would go a long way to clearing up the "gossip".

Just my humble opinion on a simple way to have the buck stop here.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:18 PM

Wow. That's one heck of an idea.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:51 PM

I don't think we should jump the conclusions on this! It may well have been a misunderstanding! I can see where this is going! It looks like the moderator will end up yanking this thread! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 01:44 AM

James, you are leaving about 90% of the story OUT--It is OVER and I have since gotten (2) BETTER CARS--ESPECIALLY a '68 MOTION PHASE III Camaro. I want to let ALL the Members know that YES I did NOT loose My Deposit!!! Let's just END this NOW.....MARK
Old 09-11-2003, 02:20 AM

Thanked 1,233 Times in 577 Posts

Mark,

With all due respect I think you are being a bit easy here. I was with you on the pre-purchace inspection of the chevelle.

I watched you write a check to James. He simply has not cashed the check as of yet. I am sure you stopped payment right? If not he still has access to a good check and your money.

I wasted quite a bit of my time also in this matter. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

You are right James, best not to respond..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Phil

Old 09-11-2003, 03:42 AM

Thanked 2,855 Times in 1,252 Posts

James B.
I don't know the story behind this Chevelle.
But I wish I knew about it earlier.Being from Illinois too.[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Was this Chevelle scheduled to be at Collinsville?
It looks very nicely restored,but how bad was it before the resto?
Where was it found?
Does it retain it's original Engine-Trans.-Rearend?
What kind of pix and papers did you get with it?
I see you have the Plastic Cowl grilles installed,do you believe this to be as delivered?
What is the OK designation on your windshield?

Tom B.
Looks similar to your Chevelle.....I mean your previous Chevelle... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 07:53 PM

James Berry Restoration Workshop "runs a high end restoration shop". If this is true, Why did you call Super Car Workshop and waste my time. Many phone calls to you and from you were taken regarding the restoration of your Yenko Chevelle. You told me you were a collector with Hemis and L/88 Corvettes. You B/S's me for months. One of the last converstaion we had was regarding stripping the body shell. I told you that end would be handled by me so we could document the underside. That was the last call from you. But to my amazment you were at the Chevelle-a-Bration just three weeks later talking to Chuck Hanson. I was right there beside him along with my partner that was displaying his 427 Harrell Chevelle that weekend. You introduced yourself to Chuck and told him that your registration must have been lost in the mail. You did not know me since I had never met you formally. We just listened to your story. Since you had a Yenko Chevelle with you all the way from Florida Chuck gave you a pass for you and your family. Funny thing is the Chevelle never appeared. Why? I told Hanson that your car would not be there and he had just been taken. He laughed it off as we cruised the trailer parking looking for the Florida taged trailer.
I don't get every restoration that I talk to people about, But that's fine. But you flat out lied to me and wasted my time both at work and at my home. Never got a call to tell me you were an expert restoration professional. I can only hope you get a few potential customers like yourself. Good luck in your venture...BKH