Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-22-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Cool car prints!!

I just thought that I would post this if any of you would be interested in checking this out. I also want to mention that I don't profit from this in anyway, shape or form. I just thought that my fellow car enthusitast might want to check into this. I was at a well known car show that the local GTO club put on a couple weeks ago and one of the members (Dick Kos) of the club had a display set up showing some of his art work that he can do with your car. He was shooting pictures and taking orders at the show so I had him do one of my car. I just got mine last Friday and it looks awesome. I couldn't post it here since it was to large but if you go to my pictures in the photo gallery you will see it there (it's a hugger orange 69 SS/RS 396 Camaro). He has all sorts of different layouts that you can go with. Mine is just one of many. He and I where talking over the weekend (since he is bringing his display to our car show this weekend and to tell him how much I enjoyed the print) and I told him that I was going to post this on the Yenko site because I knew that some of you would really enjoy having a print similar to mine hanging on the wall of your own car(s). He said that he has done some for people out of state but they have shot many pictures and emailed them to him or put them onto a CD if there are to many to email. If you are interested you can reach him several diferent ways.

Phone number - 507-433-6976
Email - [email protected]
Home address - Dick Kos
1906 5th Ave. N.E.
Austin, MN 55912

Oh one other thing. I'm sure that you all want to know how much. Well they had a show specail and he was doing them for $34 which included shipping. It might be a little more since I did mine at the car show, but it shouldn't be much. I think that is a heck of a deal. That and it only took him about two weeks to do it. I hope you all enjoy. Jesse
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Cool car prints!!

Very nice Jesse. Looks real professional. Does he prepare these on a computer using photo software? Can you request a particular size other than standard? What is the material that it is printed on?

Thanks for the post,

Old 08-22-2005, 11:16 PM

Quick link to Jesse's poster:

69RSSSL89 Poster!

Old 08-22-2005, 11:45 PM

Sam, thanks a ton for the quick link. I haven't gotten that part of the website figured out just yet. He takes all the pictures with a digital camera and uses a photo type software as far as I know. I didn't really ask him any questions about software that he uses. You would have to ask him if he can make them any larger. Mine is printed on a 13"x19" sheet and the actual print size is 12"x18". I'm not positive on the type of paper that he prints them on. It seemed like it was very simialr to the same paper that my Dave Snyder prints are printed on. Hopefully this help you out. Dick is a great guy and very easy to talk to if you decide to get him to do a print for you. If you have any othre questions let me know.

Jesse
Old 08-22-2005, 11:58 PM

Hey Jesse - do tell us about your car. She is a real head turner!

Old 08-23-2005, 12:34 AM

Thanked 3,897 Times in 1,005 Posts

Jesse,
The poster doesn't look near as nice as the car did in person on Sunday. Wish I had more time to look the car over but it looked very nice and your hard work paid off. Also, thanks for the help you gave Earl and I. It was a nice afternoon.
Rick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 08-23-2005, 05:25 AM

Jesse,

Does this artist have a website that you know of?
I'd like to see the other layouts you mentioned.

Steve
Old 08-23-2005, 06:11 PM

Thanks for the complemtmets guys, I really appreciate it. It was a lot of work. Rick, it was fun hanging out with you and Earl on Sunday. It's to bad that we couldn't get the Rat Rod more completed. Now that we know what we are dealing with next time should go a lot smoother.

As far as details about my car. It's a true SS/RS 396 (X22) with an L89 motor and M21 in it. I don't have any paperwork for the car. It was a basket case when I bought the car. I was only 21 when I bought the car and just knew that I had to have an X22 big block Camaro. So, I aquired all the parts I need to build a date correct L89 motor for it. The car originally was fathom green with green interior (imagine that) but I was young at that time and had it painted hugger orange with houndstooth interior since I liked that color and interior package better and it was still original options for the car. It's got a tilt wheel, console with gauges, folddown rear seat, gardner exhaust system, power steering, A.I.R. smog system, endura bumper, spoilers and cowl induction. I totally dismanteled the car and reassembeled it myself. I had the paint, body work and seats re-done by professionals. That's the details in a nut shell anyway. If you guys would be interested I could send some more photos in to post it and the story about it in the members ride section since I'm planning on becoming a member at SCR8. Let me know if you would be interested.

As for Dick having a website. He doesn't currently have one. That's one reason why I had to make my post here for you all to see what he can do. He did say that he was going to try to get something lined up sometime in the future. I think that if you where to email him or call him and tell him what you are looking for he would email you examples so that you could see more options of what he can do for you. Like I mentioned he is an easy guy to work with and will help line you up with something that you really like. Talk to you later and see some of you are SCR8. Jesse
Old 08-23-2005, 08:49 PM

Submit pix and story to Belair62...........................now!

Thanks Jesse

Old 10-14-2005, 11:46 PM

I just wanted to update all of you with a website that Dick has put together for all of his art that he has done. They are truely some awesome pieces of artwork. You can check them out at www.pikossophotoart.com.

I also finally got a few pictures of my car and a write up for it together. I will be submitting it shortly for the members rides section. Jesse